With Lucy is probably where I have the most laughs, she is bonkers and I consider her one of my closest friends, there is nothing she doesn't know about me, I can be completely honest about everything with no backlash.
I started acupuncture about 2 years ago, I was a bit scared, I mean who actively seeks having needles stuck in them, but I was at a breaking point, I couldn't balance my illness enough to have even a snippet of a life. I was spending almost all of my time in bed, I could do very little for myself, all I did was sleep or try to be still in my haze of pain.
Lucy can't cure me, no one can , but she does bring me balance, she relieves pains where she can, helps me keep my momentum going, but then sometimes it stops....then we have a session like yesterday.
She called it quite a drastic treatment... I'm no expert so go along with whatever she thinks is best, so she started putting needles in the specific places, tweeking them until I had sensation. This went on for a while, then they had to come out. Sometimes when a needle comes out it does sting a bit, or you get an odd sensation, it could be nausea, stinging, hot, cold.... I've had all sorts of different feelings. The last needle came out and I swear to god a lightening bolt shot out of my foot!
"That's your energy moving again" said Lucy above my colourful language!
From that moment on I felt very odd, I mean VERY odd! For a start sitting with Lucy i really struggled to keep my eyes open, afterwards driving home Mitch said I behaved like a drunk.... I felt like I'd been driven home by the guy who broke the land speed record, everything was moving, the floor, the horizon wasn't even steady, whirling past me at really quite a speed... I thought, this is going to be a long night!
As soon as we got home I went to bed, generally rest and water is all I require post acupuncture, but this time I'm glad to have a bed rail, everytime I've woken throughout the time from then to now I've been gripping it for dear life, it's like nothing around me is stable, things keep tilting, it's a little like being on a swing, I'd like to get off now!
I know it will settle, Lucy reassured me as much this morning....please let it be soon.
***I'm sorry if this is disjointed or actually makes no sense, I'm using Google speak, as typing on a whirlygig is tricky, I can't read it back as I'm too tired and my eyes won't stay open, so I'm hitting post with my fingers crossed, see you next time!
Ria & Josie

No comments:
Post a Comment