So, my first ever post, this is rather daunting... miles of empty whiteness spreading out in front of me.
I'm not a writer, thanks to my foggy head my vocabulary is now sadly lacking, but who knows this might help. Do feel free to comment, ask questions... but please take no notice of poor spelling and/or punctuation.
I'm Ria, mum of 3 boys (19, 15 & 10) Fiancé of Mitch (o/h) and companion to my 3 dogs, but mostly despite everything else I am, I mostly feel disabled. I am disabled, but I'm also much more, I'm told I'm strong, beautiful, funny.... I could go on, but I feel my head shaking at the very writing of these few words, I don't feel it, my body doesn't want to feel it, so where and how do I start in believing it?
My condition is Fibromyalgia, if you don't know what this is, please do Google it, it's a shit storm of hell that rains down on my body on a hour by hour basis. There are several "add on" issues with this condition, but believe me when I say you do not want to know!
I live in a beautiful part of the world, a small(ish) village surrounded by greenery on the edge of the Cotswolds, when I was fit and well I'd galavant around the fields with my dogs, leaping over stiles (maybe not leaping, but it reads well, yes?) wading in the many muddy brooks throwing a slobbery dog toy, but now the only thing I throw is my back and some days i can barly lift my arse off of the sofa never mind leap!
Being disabled, unable to walk for more than a few meters, unable to drive and having a very busy self employed o/h means I don't leave the house often, I guess I could catch a bus.... ah, there are no buses.... ok, there are, but so few and far between that they may as well be non existent!
- Did I mention that these buses are not the swanky type in "town" that disabled people can actually get on, I'd need a bloody pole volt, although I'm not very convinced even that would help, so these four walls are my life.
This house, this home is my safe haven, my pyjama paradise but is also my prison all depending on my mood and how sick to death I am of everything and everyone, I don't discriminate, if im pissed off, that's it... everyone gets it!
(Except the dogs)
No comments:
Post a Comment