flare
(flâr)
v. flared, flar·ing, flares
v.intr.
1. To flame up with a bright, wavering light.
2. To burst into intense, sudden flame.
3.
a. To erupt or intensify suddenly: Tempers flared atthe meeting. His allergies flared up.
b. To become suddenly angry. Used with up: Heflared up when she alluded to his financialdifficulties.
c. To make a sudden angry verbal attack. Usedwith out: flared out at his accusers.
4. To expand or open outward in shape: a skirt that flaresfrom the waist; nostrils that flared with anger.
v.tr.
1. To cause to flame up.
2. To signal with a blaze of light.
n.
1. A brief wavering blaze of light.
2. A device that produces a bright light for signaling,illumination, or identification.
3. An outbreak, as of emotion or activity.
4. An expanding or opening outward.
5. An unwanted reflection within an optical system or theresultant fogging of the image.
6. A solar flare.
Not one of these descriptions alone is much help, until you add up the ones about, emotion, fire, light, but even then it's not close to a description of a flare, so much so that I'm not sure why that term is used.
Fibro Flare. (from the dictionary of Ria)
A fibro flare is like a very sudden bout of flu, everything hurts, from your eye lashes to your toe nails.
You get bursts of feeling cold, followed by a searing heat that feels like your blood is boiling and sweating so profusely you sleep on a towel.
Your ability to concentrate is nil. Sleep is your only friend!
So, now you know what a flare is, sorry for boring you spoonies...
Thursday night my o/h likes to go to the pub over the road, he always asks me, I seldom go. However, for some reason I have no knowledge of I said I'm coming with you tonight.... Mitch was suprised and happy (I think) so I got changed, it was while I was getting dressed, (this can be enough to break me on the best of days) I realised, I'm not feeling very well, I really hurt!
Now you need to understand us spoonies are tough, we consider a pain level of around 4-6/10 level of pain normal, day to day.... so, we feel fine....
I'm sat precariously on the end of the bed trying to put a sock on, and sweating because a burning pain is ripping through me, in walks my o/h "are you ready" he says, "yup, on my way" I reply smiling.....
The pub is about 100ft from our house, I get on my trusty scooter, no way I can walk it, not with my walker, not with Mitch on my arm and a stick in my hand.
Once inside, sat down, emergency tablet stash emptied, cider being drank, the evening passes me by in a hot'n'cold haze. I thought I was doing well, no one has guessed otherwise, I've even had a few "your looking well".... then the sweating started, we're not talking a ladies glow or even working man sweating... we're talking race horse sweat, my clothes are damp and oh dear, I'm crying, its like I just acknowleged how much pain I'm in, in that one momen i stopped coping. My eldest son who had come in to join us was to hand, he obviously noticed, took my hand, gave me my stick and said "mum, I'm taking you home".
Today is Tuesday, I do have vague recollections about those missing days, times where I was almost ok, but mostly it's gone, I've slept so much.
I feel almost back to my normal, a little more tired, but that will take a few days.
You describe a flare perfectly. It is horrible and does hurt EVERYWHERE!
ReplyDeleteKeep blogging and raising awareness :)
Claire
x
Thank you Clare C, you too, happy blogging xx
DeleteYour descriptions are awesome lovely. I cannot even start to comprehend the levels of pain you are in day to day, let alone when you're flaring, but you put it so well and I try my best to understand where I can.
ReplyDeleteAlways, always here for you. Xx
You my love are one of the few reasons I laugh 😄 love you 🐝 xxx
ReplyDelete