Fibro Blogger Directory

Wednesday, 21 October 2015

painsomnia followed by a new day...

You know that time of the night, the time that everything is quiet, everyone is asleep, even the house has stopped making its settling down noises?
That's the worst time during the night to be awake... but why am I awake? Pain, searing, red hot pain.
I led in bed for what seemed like hours, trying not to move,  not make a sound, I didn't want to disturb Mr M, he has to be up in the morning for work.

So I get up; which in itself is a chalenge, but I do it biting into my lip in my quest to remain silent. Gabriel lifts his head, stands, follows me as I leave the quiet room. Sometimes I wonder if Gabe and I have a telekinetic link, he certainly knows when I'm in pain, or upset....or both!
Anyway, I digress 😶
Lots of people in the chronic pain community call this painsomnia,  hence my title.
I'm desperately tired, I've had a few high pain days so to get into a place of sleep is a relief, but tonight it broke through, so here I am, awake and in pain.
Gabe is being very attentive, dogs seem to just know don't they...

I did finally sleep, I have meds I can take when this happens, but they make it very hard to get up in the morning, I'm always reluctant to take them but tonight it's a must. 😕

I wrote this at 3.40am but didn't send it, maybe it was inbuilt spell and grammar checker lol... it needed some work! (Think gibberish)  ðŸ˜…

So today has been a good day.
I woke up to see my little one off to school, all I wanted to do was shut up the alarm and go back to sleep, but no, up I got, did all I had to do and showered.
(I will talk about showers another day)
This morning I had plans, yes I know, I actually had plans!  Donna my wonderful holistic therapist was coming to give me and my girl friend Swedish massages.
All I can say is MmmmmmmMmmmmmm....... It was totally amazing, she concentrated on my lower back which has been giving me more trouble than I'm used to, finishing of with a little Reiki. 😴 I could very easily have gone to bed post massage,  but I'm trying very hard to not sleep in the day after a bad night.

(I've done it, it's 8.30pm!)

So that's it from me, if you can think of anything you'd like to know, just ask in the comments and I will cover it in a blog. I will leave you with a picture of my guardian angel.....



Ria & Gabriel xx




No comments:

Post a Comment