Once upon a time I was a woman on a mission, I worked as Company Secretary for the family business.
I did my partners accounts, I made healthy raw chocolates and donated my time in a community cafe.... all of this while raising my children, keeping house and having quite an amazing sex life with Mr M.
It didn't occur to me that one day that would be gone, that I would quite literally wake up one morning "disabled"
Christmas 2012, the evening of the 27th we planned to have drinks with friends, I spent the day preparing. I had a tummy ache, not terrible, but enough to make me uncomfortable.
I decided it was a post Christmas lunch tummy protest, deciding that I'd have a fasting day drinking plenty of water to apease it!
That evening friends arrived, I was sat drink in hand steadily feeling more and more uncomfortable, to the point where I excused myself and went to bed.
(I should mention my 4 month old God daughter was staying with us, allowing her mum and dad a night off)
By nine o'clock it was very clear to me something was quite wrong, the pain in my stomach was horrific. Now, I'm quite stubborn, so even feeling sure I had appendicitis, throughout the night I changed nappies etc.
The morning came and I had my little princess picked up, Mr M took me to hospital.
I was diagnosed with probable appendicitis and sent up to the surgical ward. I waited, and waited and waited....
There arn't many staff on in the surgical wards over Christmas I found.
Finally on New Years Eve at 9.17pm my temp soared to a terrifying 104.6 and funnily enough they whipped me into surgery like a magician pulling a rabbit from a hat.
My appendix had burst, I had peritonitis, so I was pumped full of various drugs and sent home (with a bag of drugs)
And that was that, I never recovered.
Aw Ria, that sounds so sad, I hope you are not still feeling soooo ill
ReplyDelete