Fibro Blogger Directory

Saturday, 14 November 2015

So, I'm not alone!

In my last post I outed myself, I laid myself wide open to critism and negativity. What I received was the polar oposite to what I expected.
My family, my friends all now knew! My secret was out.

It seems like many of us face difficulties with eating disorders, or disordered eating as i call it. Starving, binging, purging, starving, binging...and on it continues. But is it the food, the control or the secret that holds us in this circle?

I had amazing and suprising support from a lady that lives not a million miles from me.
She visited me, outed herself, she understood.  We talked about not knowing why, how we would plan our "secret activities" the horror of that time we were almost caught. We talked about my chronic illness and how other situations are maybe a little too much for me.
She gave me permission to be kind to myself. That one thing resonated the most I think,  I believe I'm worth more.

So things have changed, it's not easy, don't get me wrong! I've got a long way to go, but I'm on that journey... I'm no longed stagnant in that pit of miserable, guilt ridden pleasure that takes away far more than it gives.

To everyone that left me a message of support,  all of the ladies that said me too, I give you absolute permission to be kind to yourselves.  I'm here for you, as you have been for me. xxx


I've found these things helpful;

Outing myself & the support that brings.
Proper nutritional support (Thank you, you know who you are!)
Eric Brown Hypnosis. (On Audable)
Stop binge eating. Improve Compulsive eating. Self hypnosis.


With love and thanks,  Ria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment